Caesarstone® is committed to a Cleaner, Safer and Better Quality Environment
Our comprehensive environmental agenda includes:
- Commitment to ecologically responsible production processes.
- The development of environmentally friendly products made with high levels of recycled materials.
- The implementation of internationally recognized sustainable industrial standards and practices.
The Environmental Benefits of Quartz
One of nature's most durable materials, quartz, is the world's most abundant mineral - silica or silicon dioxide (SiO2). Found almost everywhere on the earth’s surface - constituting approximately 12% of its crust, its long-lasting durability, and the fact that it is stain, scratch and heat-resistant and entirely non-toxic means that Caesarstone® products have a relatively small eco-footprint, making it the ideal eco-friendly choice for care-free kitchen, bathroom, and commercial applications.
Ecological Responsible Preservation Activities
Caesarstone’s environmental protection policy sets out clear and measurable objectives which are strictly adhered to in order to maintain our compliance with the most stringent international standards and regulations.
Environmental Management Responsibility
- Saving Water. We operate an advance filter system, recycling 97% of the water used in production processes.
- Reducing Soil Pollution. We recycle excess industrial materials to reduce landfill burial and resultant soil pollution.
- Recycling Industrial Waste. We operate a modern industrial waste recycling system.
- Eco-friendly Packaging. We use recyclable packaging materials.
- Low CO2 Emissions. Our meticulous production processes and exclusive use of sea transportation to move raw materials and finished products help to minimize the emission of pollutant materials that may endanger the environment.
- Energy Saving. We monitor and control energy consumption for maximizing efficiency.
- Use of Post-Production Materials. We re-use industrial residues in our production processes to reduce the need for excessive new quartz quarrying and thus preserve precious natural resources.
A Safer, Cleaner Environment
- Air Purification. We operate air purification systems in the plant and its surroundings.
- Protecting the Environment against Dust. We collect dust throughout our manufacturing processes.
- Responsible Storage. We store raw materials in a safe, clean environment on sealed pallets to prevent possible leakage of ground polluting substances.
Compliance with Environmental Protection
Standards At Caesarstone, we remain fully compliant with the changing requirements of international environmental protection standards. We allocate substantial resources to diverse environment protection activities according to globally approved policy and procedures.
Caesarstone® takes pride in being the world's first quartz surface company to comply with ISO 14001, the international standard for environmental preservation regulations.
ISO 14001 guides our working practises according to environmental goals - monitoring activities; investing in tools for enhancing a quality environment, employee and supplier training; health and safety procedures, and environment-friendly production processes.
Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
Created by the Green Building Council of Australia, the Green Star rating system is designed to evaluate the environmental design and performance of buildings, and to drive the adoption of green building practices through market-based solutions.
A range of Caesarstone® products comply with several credit criteria for ‘Indoor Environment Quality’ and ‘Materials’ for both the GBCA’s Green Star Rating system. Caesarstone® is a supporter and member of the Green Building Council of Australia.
For more information, visit http://www.gbca.org.au/
CaesarStone fully complies with OHSAS requirements for an occupational health and safety (OHSAS) management system.
Developed to be compatible with the ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 14001 (Environmental) management systems standards, OHSAS 18001 was designed to facilitate the integration of quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems by organizations.
Developed by USGBC (United States Green Building Council), LEED - Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - is an American accredited certification program for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings.
As a member of USGBC we are a natural partner for green building projects worldwide.
For more information, visit http://www.usgbc.org/.
For Children & Schools Certification. Certification
All Caesarstone® surfaces comply with the American GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (GEI) certification which verifies that our products meet the most stringent indoor air emission standards.
GREENGUARD Children & Schools standard, evaluates the sensitive nature of school populations combined with the unique building characteristics found in schools, and presents the most rigorous product emissions criteria to date.
For more information about the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute, visit http://www.greenguard.org
Compliance with NSF 51
Our products are compliant with the International Health and Safety Foundation sanitary standard (NSF 51), ensuring that our quartz working surfaces are safe for use in all food environments.
Scientific Certification Systems (SCS)
SCS has recently approved Caesarstone® products listed below in terms of percentage of recycling materials that they are made from.
Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) is a global leader in independent certification and verification of environmental, sustainability, stewardship, food quality, food safety and food purity claims.
Caesarstone's certified products include the Mosaici collection 7150 and 7250.